FBG interrogation monitor for process control and registration of optical signals from the sensors
FBG signal analyzer (AS FBG), optical interrogator of FIU - 44 - 1.55 up to 4 kHz series, provides registration of optical signals from unified sensor heads based on Fiber Bragg Gratings (FBGs) with a sampling frequency up to 4 kHz per second for one channel.
Visualization and storage of the data processed by unit can be carried out both by a built-in computer with specialized software, and transmitted via the Modbus protocol through various interfaces (Ethernet, RS485, RS232) to the user system.
Measurable physical quantities:
By using various sensor head types, an FIU-based flexible multipurpose telemetry system can be constructed. Multipoint, quasi-distributed, or point simultaneous measurements can be implemented with such a system, the measurable physical quantities being as follows:
PARAMETER / ARTICLE
|Spectral width of an optical channel, nm||1510 ÷ 1595||1525 ÷ 1595|
|Polarization state of the light source||partially polarized||depolarized|
|The number of optical channels**||1 - 8|
|The number of sensors per channel***||16|
|Range of intensities of the registered optical signals, dBm||-80 ÷ -20|
|Dynamic range, dB||25|
|Total optical power light source, dBm****||0|
|Sampling frequency for one channel, kHz||< 4|
|Processing time and outputting data of one channel, sec||< 0,05|
|Software||The FBG interrogator is equipped with a built-in fully functional software URM_Control|
|Output interfaces||USB 2.0, USB 3.0, Ethernet RJ45, SVGA, DVI-I, HDMI|
|Power consumption, W||< 250|
|Protection class IEC 60529||IP40|
|Working temperature range, ºС||+10 ÷ +40|
|Humidity, % (no condensation)||< 80|
|Power supply, V/Hz||220/50|
* - the S-series of the FBG interrogation units have the partial polarization of the output radiation. As result it has greater measurement error when using fiber optic sensors.
** - each channel of the module can be divided into 2/4/8/16 optical lines upon request.
*** - sensor which consists of a single Bragg grating (FBG).
**** - on the request, up to 10dBm.
Advantages of the fiber-optic sensors:
- high sensitivity and speed;
- high immunity to noises and electromagnetic interferences, such as microwave and magnetic fields, spark discharge, and electromagnetic pulses of any nature and any intensity;
- full electrical safety, which is due to the absence of electric circuits between the sensor and the registration module;
- full explosion and fire safety, high chemical resistance of the sensing elements;
Areas of application:
- energy production, including nuclear and thermonuclear installations;
- aviation and cosmonautics;
- land, water and underwater transport;
- metallurgy and chemical industry;
- oil and gas production;
- pipeline transport;
- security systems;
- scientific research.